Leukemia Cup Regatta April 22, 23, and 24, 2005. Leukemia and Lymphoma are equal opportunity diseases that can affect anyone, any time, any age, any sex, any race and yes even sailors. The national spokesperson for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society, Gary Jobson, was struck with Leukemia. Due to contributions for research, he has persevered and improved. The combined efforts of the Corinthian Sailing Club and Dallas Corinthian Yacht Club on Lake Lewisville in 2004 helped contribute to this research. Last year our gross was approximately $146,000. This put us as the sixth largest fund raiser in North America.
This year we need to do better. Here is how you can help. Contract Mark Smith or Ralph C. "Red Dog" Jones. We need your help. We will need help in the following areas, to wit:
1. Registration: Nancy Moning is in charge
2. Food and beverage: Laurie Block
3. Friday night open house, April 22, food and beverage provided by club members: Chair Cynthia Hagar
4. Race Committee for DCYC keelboat regatta: Frank Richards
5. Fund raising: if you can raise $8,500 from your various friends, businesses, and sources, you will qualify and receive an invite to the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society sailing event honoring major donors in 2005. If you need information let one of us know.
6. Auction items. At present we believe we have the following:
a. A two month guest membership at the Premier Club, Mockingbird and Yale.
b. Clothing items donated by Joseph A. Banks.
c. Clothing items donated by Culwell & Son.
d. A dinner on high at the City Club for four.
e. Possibly a ride on a Mig jet!
Do any of you have a lake house, property that you would care to donate for a weekend as an auction item? Would any of you like to go together and host a dinner for the person that bids on your dinner event? Do you have auction items that you would like to put up for the auction to help raise money? Contact Ralph C. "Red Dog" Jones, Catherine Felder or Mark Smith.
Get sailors out. Get people out to sponsor your boat, get people out to sail and register and make contributions to make this thing the biggest and best event ever.
We need help by way of volunteers who can assist with the registration process, auction, serve meals, and clean up and show off our sailing club.
Please acknowledge our current major sponsors, such as Central Market, providing food for part of the weekend., Matitos providing the Sunday lunch . . .
Ralph C. "Red Dog" Jones