sailboats have active fleets at CSC:
Flying Scot, Laser, Lightning, Optimist Pram, Snipe and Vangaurd V15. Descriptions
of the boats, fleet contacts and related websites are included below. The
history page has a complete list of sailboats
that have been raced on the lake over the years.
- Butterfly Fleet 20 sails out of CSC and the White Rock Boat Club.
The Butterfly is a 12' cat-rigged scow which is usually sailed by
one person. They race on Saturdays year round.
Fleet 20 contact - Brad Moulton
The Butterfly national
Local Butterfly Fleet 20 Blog and race
Local Dealer Shaun Hoffmann
- The Corinthian is the largest boat at CSC. With a main, jib and
spinnaker, this keel boat is a classic. The Corinthian is easily
handled by two and is used for both day sailing and racing on Sundays.
Fleet 1 contact - Rob Drescher
Fleet 1 website
For more info see Bristol
Yacht Owners and also, take a look at Cape Dory Typhoon info - the Corinthian's little sister.
Scot - The Flying Scot is a 19' sloop rigged boat
with a main, jib and spinnaker. The boat weighs 850 pounds. With
a crew of two or three, the Flying Scot is a stable, fast boat ideal
for both Sunday racing and family daysailing.
Fleet 23 contact - Tom Miller
The Flying Scots national
Flying Scot boat
Local dealer - Flying
- The Laser is one of the most popular single-handed dinghies in the world. As of 2011, there are more than 200,000 boats worldwide. The boat is high-performance and relatively low cost. The Laser also provides very competitive racing for ALL AGES due to the very tight class association controls which eliminate differences in hull, sails and equipment. The Dallas Laser Fleet sails out of CSC with racing on Wednesday nights during the summer. There is also informal racing on Saturday mornings year-around.
Fleet contact - Mark Babb, Norm Grail and Mike Hansen
White Rock Lake - Dallas Laser Fleet
District 15 (Texas)
International Laser Class Association- North American Region
- The Lightning is 19' sloop with
a main, jib and spinnaker.
700 pounds, it is a comfortable daysailer with a active international
racing program. The Lightnings race on Sunday.
Contact - Steve Bell
Pram - The Optimist is
used as the entry level pram in our youth
sailing program. It is 8' long and weighs 77 pounds.
Junior program contact - Steve Comen
- The very first chartered Snipe Fleet (# 1) originated at White
Rock Lake in 1934 and now calls CSC home. The Snipe is a 15-1/2 ft.
sloop weighing 381 pounds with serious "go-fast" controls which have
attracted racing sailors world-wide. Very tight one-design class rules
and superior construction requirements mean these boats remain very
competitive for years. The Snipes race Saturdays, year around.
Fleet 1 contact - Mark Williams
Local Fleet Facebook
Vanguard V15 - Is a 15'3" sloop with a sail area of 127 sq. ft. and a hull weight of 190 pounds. It was designed to provide high performance in an extremely simple, comfortable, and durable package. The hull shape was designed to plane easily in moderate air and carry a wide range of crew weights. It can be sailed competitively by crews ranging from 260-340 lbs. The V15 Fleet was started 2007.
Fleet contact - Philip Sterling